Monday, November 5, 2007

Hillary Clarifies Position on Drivers Licenses for Illegals, I Think...

Hillary's debate performance has been widely publicized and I don't intend to rehash it here. She clearly tried to finesse being on both sides, or neither side, of Governor Spitzer's proposal to issue New York drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.

She has now come out and said she "broadly supports state efforts to license illegals." Senator Clinton also said, “I broadly support what governors like Elliot Spitzer are trying to do.”

In an article just published by http://www.cnn.com/ states, "Clinton added that the policy of simply giving licenses to illegal immigrants is not something she thinks any governor would seek out." Maybe I'm confused but I think this is exactly what Governor Spitzer originally proposed.

Well, anyway, now we know where she stands, I think...

No comments: